Angelina Jolie Puts $25 Million Estate on the Market, Signals Exit From Hollywood After Years of Turmoil

Angelina Jolie has reportedly put her sprawling Los Angeles estate up for sale, hinting at plans to step away from Hollywood in search of greater privacy and emotional balance, as her long-running legal dispute with Brad Pitt continues.
According to Page Six, the 50-year-old actress is selling the historic Cecil B. DeMille estate for around $25 million, a property she has called home since 2016. Beginning in 2026, Jolie is expected to divide her time between New York City and Europe, while also spending more time at her longtime residence in Cambodia, where she holds citizenship.

“She can’t go far enough to escape the noise,” said actor and producer Jae Benjamin, who has known Jolie since 2005. “The only way to take a break is to leave. She wants to relax and focus on what fulfills her heart, soul, and passions. She’s an extraordinary, talented, and deeply compassionate woman.”
Ongoing Legal Battle With Brad Pitt
Much of the turbulence surrounding Jolie stems from her highly contentious split from Brad Pitt. Although the former couple finalized their divorce on December 30, 2024—eight years after Jolie first filed—their legal battle over shared assets remains unresolved.

Jolie has previously made it clear that she planned to leave Los Angeles once her six children reached adulthood. In a 2024 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she said: “I’m here because I have to be here due to the divorce, but as soon as the kids turn 18, I’ll likely leave.”
The couple separated in 2016 following an incident aboard a private jet during a flight from France to the US. Jolie accused Pitt of physical abuse toward her and verbal abuse toward their children. The FBI investigated the matter but ultimately chose not to file charges against Pitt.
Since then, Jolie has been the primary caregiver to their children, some of whom have reportedly chosen to drop the surname “Pitt.”

Cambodia, Humanitarian Work, and Château Miraval
Jolie’s connection to Cambodia dates back to her breakthrough role in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, which she filmed in the country. The experience sparked a deep bond: she later founded a charitable organization there and became heavily involved in humanitarian work.
In a 2023 interview with The Wall Street Journal, Jolie said she has long dreamed of spending more time in Cambodia and leading a more private life.
Another major point of contention with Pitt is Château Miraval, the French winery the former couple purchased in 2011 for an estimated $60 million. Jolie has attempted for years to sell her stake to a third party, but the deal remains stalled in court after Pitt objected.
A source told Page Six that leaving Los Angeles “doesn’t mean the asset dispute will suddenly end.”
Brad Pitt’s Hollywood Momentum
While Jolie appears to be distancing herself from Hollywood, Brad Pitt is more deeply entrenched than ever. His production company Plan B Entertainment has backed several recent successes, including Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, Nickel Boys, and television series such as Adolescence and 3 Body Problem.
Pitt has also scored a major box-office hit starring in the racing blockbuster F1, centered on the world of Formula One.
Despite her planned departure from Los Angeles, sources emphasize that Jolie’s legal battles—and her complex ties to Hollywood—are far from over.