BREAKING: Nancy Guthrie’s Son-in-Law Finally Breaks Silence — His Words Deepen the Mystery

In a development that has left investigators and the public more confused than ever, Nancy Guthrie’s son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, has finally broken his long silence with a statement that has only deepened the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the 84-year-old Tucson woman.
For months, Tommaso and his wife Annie (Nancy’s daughter) have remained largely quiet as the investigation unfolded. But in a brief, carefully worded statement released through his attorney, Tommaso addressed the growing speculation head-on — and what he said has raised far more questions than answers.

The Statement That Shook the Case
“I was there that night,” Tommaso said. “I dropped Nancy off after dinner, just like I told the police. But she was not alone when I left. There was someone else with her. I saw them through the window before I drove away.”
This single admission has sent shockwaves through the investigation. For the first time, a member of the immediate family has publicly suggested that another person was present at Nancy’s home on the night of her disappearance — contradicting earlier implications that she was alone after being dropped off.
Why This Changes Everything
Investigators have long focused on the period immediately after Tommaso dropped Nancy off at approximately 9:48 p.m. on January 31, 2026. The doorbell camera captured a masked individual approaching the home around 1:47 a.m. — nearly four hours later.

Tommaso’s new claim introduces the possibility of a previously unknown third party who was inside the home during that critical window. If true, it could explain several inconsistencies that have puzzled investigators:
The immaculate condition of the interior of the house (no signs of forced entry or struggle inside).
The back doors being found propped open the next morning.
The mixed DNA found at the scene.
Investigators’ Reaction
Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos declined to comment directly on Tommaso’s statement but confirmed that “all new information is being thoroughly investigated.” Sources close to the case say detectives have already begun re-interviewing witnesses and re-examining timelines based on this latest development.
FBI agents, who have been assisting with forensic analysis, are reportedly treating Tommaso’s statement as significant but remain cautious, noting that family members in high-stress situations sometimes recall events differently over time.
Deepening Suspicion and Public Reaction
The statement has ignited intense debate online and in the media. Many are asking:
Why did Tommaso wait months to reveal this information?
Who was the person he claims to have seen?
Why didn’t he mention this during initial police interviews?
Some observers believe this could be an attempt to redirect attention away from the family. Others see it as a genuine memory surfacing under pressure. Either way, it has significantly complicated the narrative that had been building around a lone masked intruder.
Brian Entin, who has been closely following the case, noted on his latest update: “This changes the timeline completely. If someone else was inside the house that night, the entire theory of a random abduction needs to be re-evaluated.”
What Happens Next
Investigators are expected to question Tommaso under oath in the coming days. Forensic teams continue to analyze the mixed DNA samples recovered from the porch and inside the home. The $1 million reward for information leading to Nancy’s safe return or the identification of those responsible remains active.
As the case enters its fourth month, the mystery surrounding Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance is deeper than ever. Tommaso’s words have opened a new chapter — one that may finally bring clarity, or push the truth even further into the shadows.
